Hi everyone, hope you are doing well!

The past couple of months were busy, as I've been illustrating a very special children's book. However, now that this project is nearly finished (more about this to come very soon!), I found some time to update my Fiverr e-shop and offer new and exciting commission services.


Quite recently, I have been drawn to the field of food-art; I started creating my own illustrations of pastries, beverages, and so on... which I decided to offer to you!



I'm sure that the delicate cottage-core aesthetic of my new food-illustrations will be the perfect decorative element for your food blog, cafe, bakery, etc.


Commissions will open on the upcoming Monday through Fiverr:

https://www.fiverr.com/romi_lindenberg


Romi.lindenberg@gmail.com



For more updates, follow @romilindenberg on Instagram.


3 views0 comments

Hi there! It has been a while since I last posted here... hope everyone is doing well.

So far 2020 has been a pretty strange & unmotivated year... Since lockdown began, I decided to devote my free time to finish some sewing project that have been on the making + work on a handmade capsule wardrobe. I wanted to share with you the things I made, so here we go!

Historical Projects


Those of you who follo me on Instagram probably know that I’ve been working on a Demelza (Poldark) inspired 18th century costume. I just finished it, so here are some snap shots that I took (there will be a separate post for this costume once I take proper pictures of it).


Here is the jacket, which was completely hand-stitched:


And here is the embroidered petticoat (it still needs an ironing though 😆).




Capsule Handmade Summer Wardrobe


Another projects that I have been working on is sewing a minimalist handmade wardrobe.

Since I always try to find ways to turn my daily lifestyle more sustainable, I though this can be a fun and interesting challenge.

For this project, I picked breathable fabric made from natural fibres- such as linen and cotton.


This is a simple sundress that I made out of printed cotton lawn, it is my favourite me-made garment in my closet so far!

From the fabric leftovers, I made this shirt:


Here are some tops I sewed out of linen fabric from Fabricstore.com


Some other garments that I sewed; a 50’s inspired skirt, a t-shirt and a tank I made out of beautiful mustard linen from Wonderlinen:




The last thing I have to share with you is a tank I made out of Japanese cotton leftovers that I had in stash.


Hope you enjoyed reading! I have some upcoming posts in the making, including some illustration related stuff & a glimpse into the process of making my 18th century ensemble. Goodbye for now!


Don’t forget to follow @romilindenberg on Instagram for daily updates!

5 views0 comments

Hi everyone, hope you are having a wonderful week! During the past week, I have been experimenting with natural dyes.

I dyed a Cotton fabric into a lovely shade of earthy pink using onion skins. It was my first experiment with natural dyes, so I decided to use onion skins which are simple and easy to work with.

It turned out great, and I wanted to share the process with you!



I started by bathing the fabric in a soy-milk mordant. I mixed 0.5 litres of soy milk with 2 litres of tap water and let the fabric soak the mordant overnight. I dried the fabric and repeated this stage once more.

I read that onion skins dye can be used without mordant; however, I wanted to be sure that the colour won’t fade and therefore decided to mordant my fabric anyway...


When my fabric was ready, I peeled the red onions (you can also use white onions which create a yellow dye). This stage involved lost of tears and was the least fun thing in this dyeing adventure (;





After peeling what seemed like an endless amount of onions, I started preparing the dye bath.

I filled a large pot with water and put all of the onion skins inside. I then placed it on the stove, brought it to boil and cooked it on a low fire for 1 hour.


I let the onion skins sit in the water overnight; in this way, the water soaked all of the colour from the onions- a thing that led to a more vibrant dye.



I then strained the water from the onion skins. After that, my dye was ready to use!

I put the cotton fabric inside the pot and simmered it for about an hour. Again, I let It sit in the pot overnight to make it soak all of the colour from the dye bath.




I took the fabric out of the pot and placed it in a tub filled with warm water. I washed it and changed the water a few times since some of the dye bled and tinted the water.

The last thing was to machine wash the fabric on a gentle circle and hang it to dry.




And that’s it! My fabric turned out to be in a beautiful peachy pink shade. It has a lovely earthy tone that reminds me of flowers and nature!



Hope you enjoyed this dyeing process.

Next time, I plan to dye with madder root, which produces a lovely shade of rusty red. I guess it is going to take some time until I can dye with madder because the madder I ordered is currently stuck in India (it cannot be shipped due to the bloody Coronavirus... yay!).

Anyway, see you in the next post and hopefully in the next dyeing adventure!


3 views0 comments
1
2